Monday 19 January 2009

The Conversation.

John Voce and I performed our show, The Conversation, last night at The Funny Side of Covent Garden. Not only was it the first time we'd performed it in over a year but it was also the first time John and I had clapped eyes on each other for three months. Not that we actually clapped our eyes, that's nearly impossible we discovered. The "Conversation" that we had on stage was the first actual conversation that we had with one another for that three months. It was a bit weird thinking about that before going on stage but the gig was an absolute blast. Working with John is a total pleasure and doing The Conversation, along with The Real Daniel O'Donnell Show, is pretty much my favourite thing that I do. I don't know why then that I shit myself with worry before going on.

It was a great show and the room was packed full. Our conversation was about a man who found out he was adopted as he was organising a party to celebrate his mother's death. It had a feel-good ending because he was in love with his brother and in finding out he was adopted that meant they weren't related and could have sex. How romantic. Actually, that all sounds shit but it wasn't. There was a lovely five minute chunk in the middle where we discussed all the delicious food that we couldn't enjoy if we knew Hitler had made it. 

I don't know why I don't plug The Conversation or do it more often. It's great but it is completely improvised and, as we all know, improvised comedy is a big, fat shit. Except for The Conversation. It's great.

And that's why I don't talk about good gigs I've done. All that horrible positivity clogging up my lovely bile-ridden blog....

Tomorrow's subject: Why in the name of cunt am I STILL watching fucking Celebrity fucking Big Brother fuck?

No comments: