Wednesday 28 January 2009

The Kindness of Strangers.

 Yesterday I saw two people arguing in the park. They were both screaming at one another and one was crying. It was a sad sight. It's awful seeing people cry in public because it means that they're so upset, so sad that the world around them has disappeared for them and all that is left is this bad moment in their lives. Being so distraught that the reaction of others doesn't come into the equation. There is no-one there for you when you cry in public because you don't want there to be. And the thing is, if you're a good person and see a complete stranger crying, you will want to comfort them. It's what's in you. It's your humanity. It's your need to take this person away from the pain that is digging into them, to heal them. Two people arguing in the park, but the history that went before, the pain that went before, could a caring hand ever take that away?

Anyway, as I got closer it turns out that the sick-looking bloke had only left his bawling lump of a girlfriend with half a finger of Twix and he'd eaten one and a half himself. What a fucking evil cunt he is. He should be hung. He's worse than a paedophile. I missed the rest of the world's most embarrassing screaming competition but on my way back through the park I did see the bloke again. Sitting alone, looking sad and wiping a lot of blood from his nose.

Here's my latest embarrassing advert that makes me cringe. I actually saw it months ago but it was on TV last night and I could barely watch so I thought I'd share. I don't know how you can feel embarrassed for a cartoon but you will: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sO1XQ8ylRIM

No comments: